Thursday, May 20, 2010

And speaking of gay...

I was amused to find myself bouncing at a sexclub again recently. It's been a while.

Goodhandy's was the excellent venue for the Sodom dance party last Saturday night, where I enjoyed a stint doing security again for the first time since my days at Paddles. The irony is that it was only a few months ago when I was there to give Kara her birthday spankings. It was a fuck-free night this time (apart from the private spaces upstairs), but that doesn't mean I didn't have my share of the fun.

Amid the mostly-male, very glam crowd were a sprinkling of happily sauced women,some of whom made it a point to "get to know the new bouncer" standing at the door. Comic Scott Thompson quietly turned up. Actor and model Woodrow Monteiro as the iconic face of the partay. Mahogany Browne as the reigning drag queen. Tunage by DJ Sumation.

Whether or not I bounce there again remains to be seen, and if so, perhaps for upcoming Pride events, but staffing in a charged, sex-positive space is always a treat for me. Kara's been particularly excited by the prospect of me there from time to time.

No comments: