Thursday, March 20, 2008

Postmodern lust.

Shayne texts me with the most delicious notes. I love it when she's thinking of me, telling me about she's relaxing in her bed as she slides her favourite dildo inside her. She's sensual, loving, and fun. I threaten her with spankings. She sends me images as we talk on the phone. It's decadent.

Since reconnecting with Alix through the net, she sends me tawdry texts as well. True to her nature, she's direct and straightforward with them. It's pure flirtation, but its suddenness is enjoyably arousing to be sure.

And in the last few days, I've "met" Dree when she contacted me through a dating site. No explicit sextalk has happened (yet?), but it's clear already that she's deliciously open and interested in experiencing something. She tells me she dropped her cell like a bad habit, but implies that she might reconnect with it if only to be sending sexy texts again.

All of these women live far from me. Also, for some odd reason, the dating scene in my own city has slowed to a crawl lately. It's odd, really. Sometimes I think Aphrodite simply wants me to explore new venues of love, lust, and relationships, where I'm not engaging in something with a live-in, or even local, partner for a while. Maybe this is so I can actually put more emphasis on my own day-to-day living and goals as I continue living on my own.

Most people are used to that paradigm, I think. Me, I'm more used to having a live-in primary partner with consensual friends-with-benefits.

Me: Hi. Wanna fuck?

My cellphone has essentially become a new sex organ for me. Has it become an extension of my cock? Am I some psychosexual cyborg whose experiences with women are being enhanced through the use of a Samsung a920? Or this MacIntosh as I share this thought with you through a blog?

I've heard it suggested that the boom of the computer age owes a great deal to the human animal's desire for sex. I remember science fiction stories that I read as a kid where, in some post-cataclysmic world, social interaction would become wholly dependent on computers and machines. If Naomi Klein has anything relevant to argue, it's worthwhile to consider that this shift in social interaction has already begun. Many of our relationships to things, and to people, are increasingly becoming dependent upon media modalities.

Shayne: You know it sexy

Sure, it's fun. But how is it also affecting social interaction on the cultural scale?

No comments: